The number of Neuriva reviews that one sees on the internet these days are an indicator of the popularity of ‘Smart Supplements’ or ‘Nootropics’ as they are called. The question that one needs to ask is, why are brain supplements so popular?
Well, there are ample reasons. Firstly, we are surrounded by gizmos that command a share of our limited attention spans. Look around you. Your cell phone, your email, your social media account, your nagging boss, that looming office deadline, your child (work from home?), everybody wants a piece of your mind. (Pun not intended)
But there’s only so much attention that anybody can afford to share. That’s where Nootropics come into the picture. They help improve your brain function better. Focus, accuracy, recall, memory & learning are some of the aspects that Nootropics can help with.
As expected, there’s a huge audience who’d like those performance metrics to improve. Right from baby boomers to students to entrepreneurs, everybody wants to stay at the top of their game. But, as always, the health supplement industry thrives on hype.
The question to be asked is, how many of these Neuriva reviews are legitimate? Wait. Let us rephrase that. How effective is Neuriva on some of the parameters that we’ve mentioned above?
Let’s find out.
Neuriva Reviews – Brand Overview
Neuriva is a supplement that claims to improve brain functioning. The brand name is derived from a combination of two words. One in greek that means Brain and the other in Latin means Life.
Well, that’s the simplest way to put it across. What they really claim is it can improve your performance in the following aspects.
- Focus – You can zoom in on the task at hand cutting out the outside world and all the distractions in it. For example, if you have a deadline and you are absent-mindedly checking your email every fifteen minutes or so, Neuriva can help you stop doing that.
- Accuracy – You can record information better, and recall it as and when required. Have you heard of presenteeism? You might be physically present in a digital meeting. But mentally, you might be woolgathering, or on an idyllic beach getaway. Neuriva can stop that from happening.
- Memory – Pull out any bit of information from the tons of information stored in your mind.
- Learning – Best suited for students who want to understand and learn things faster with less effort
- Concentration – The ability to stick to tasks and complete them
In a nutshell, Neuriva sounds like the answer to all the problems that each one of us is probably experiencing right now. But, what’s important is that we know the backup for each one of these claims.
Neuriva offers three products in their brain supplement range.
- There’s Neuriva Original
- Neuriva Plus
- Neuriva De-Stress
Each one of these products contains a bunch of herbal ingredients, which they say, are sourced from different parts of the world. These ingredients are linked to increased neurotransmitter relaying and speed.
In case you are unaware, neurotransmitters are chemical messengers which relay information in our bodies. In this scenario, these amine molecules, amino acids, or neuropeptides are critical to increased focus, memory, retention, learning & the whole 9-yards.
However, right from the ingredients to the claims, everything looks unconvincing. We’ll explain our reasons below.
What Are The Ingredients In Neuriva?
Brain Health and cognitive performance have been a subject of research for decades. In the past few years, there have been some amazing new developments on this front. What surprises us, is that Neuriva does not contain any of these potentially beneficial ingredients.
Instead, it relies on some questionable additions to the product label.
- Sharp PS – The big draw in Neuriva’s ingredient list is Sharp PS, a trademarked form of phosphatidylserine, a phospholipid that is found in Omega-3 oils such as EPA & DHA. Phosphatidylserine has been linked as a potential adjuvant for the treatment of age-related cognitive decline. But the studies are inconclusive or limited. Neuriva cites two clinical studies as the basis for adding Sharp PS to the formula. But both these studies are authored by present or former employees of Enzymotec Ltd, a company that is owned by Frutarom, the parent company that manufactures Sharp PS. What does that tell you? Besides, there’s a less expensive way to source your Phosphatidylserine. It’s plain Fish Oil.
- Coffee Cherry – Neuriva claims that they source their coffee cherry from India and Mexico. This is supposed to stimulate the release of Brain-derived neurotrophic factor or BDNF, a Neuro protein that’s associated with learning, memory, and recall. But, BDNF is also released when you consume normal caffeine. It can be three cups of coffee. There’s nothing additional that you get from Indian Coffee Cherry apart from a fancy ingredient to paste on that product label.
Other than these two ingredients, Neuriva contains just Vitamin B6, B12 & Folate. All three are great ingredients to add to any general health supplement. But this is a supplement that claims to improve brain health and is priced at $49.49 a bottle.
Neuriva Customer Reviews
When you search for Neuriva reviews, you’ll be bombarded with tons of positive reviews. That’s not new for health supplements. What you need to know is whether any of these are legit.
If you log on to message boards or health forums where they review Nootropic supplements scientifically, Neuriva has some poor ratings.
Most customers mention that it’s grossly overpriced for what it offers. There are some reviews that mention that it deserves to be in the trash. But we’ll not go to that extent.
Could Neuriva have some positive effects on your brain health? It could possibly. There’s Vitamins B6 & B12, which improve cognitive performance and are associated with improved mental clarity. There’s a caffeine based ingredient too. So yeah, you can expect a minor bump in your brain functioning.
That said, this improvement is not due to the primary ingredients that Neuriva hypes. Also, there’s nothing in that bottle that cannot be purchased for much lesser than what this costs.
Nootropic Supplements & Popular Alternatives
If you look beyond the hype, then there are some great Nootropic supplements that have proven ingredients and some great customer reviews. We are going to compare a few of these with Neuriva so that you can get a fair idea of what works and what doesn’t.
#1- Brain Pill
One of the first Nootropic supplements with top notch customer reviews is Brain Pill. Now, there are tons of factors that separate Brain Pill from Neuriva. For starters, it does not boast of exquisite or proprietary ingredients like Sharp PS.
Instead, it primarily contains a blend of herbs that have been used in cognitive alternative therapies for ages. Secondly, it contains 13-ingredients. Now, we are not big fans of a bunch of fancy names pasted on the product label. But the difference with Brain Pill is that each and every ingredient in it is backed by clinical studies.
None of these are studies backed by the manufacturer either, which is one of the problems with Neuriva.
Let’s take a look at Brain Pill’s ingredient list closely.
Brain Pill Ingredients vs. Neuriva
Brain Pill contains a blend of herbs, amino acids, vitamins, and Omega-3 Fatty acids, which are proven to increase the rate at which neurotransmitters relay vital information. That’s not all. Some of the herbs are used in alternative medicine for increasing recall, memory, and focus.
The Vitamin Blend – Neuriva contains Vitamins B5, B6, B9 & B12. That does not sound fancy. But if you look at the clinical research behind each one of those, you’ll realize that Brain Pill is leagues ahead of Neuriva. B5, also called D-Pantothenic Acid has been associated with the synthesis of Co-Enzyme A, as well as with the overall functioning of the brain. B6 lowers the levels of homocysteine which declines cognitive performance. B12 is associated with improving memory & attention deficiency. In case you are wondering, B9 is folic acid.
The herbal blend – Bacopa Monieri, Vinpocetine (Sold in Germany as a prescription medicine for cognitive enhancement), Gingko Biloba & Huperzine A.
The Amino acid & Omega Blend – Tyrosine, DHA Complex, Phosphatidylserine (The fancy ingredient in Neuriva) & L-Theanine. It’s a very simple, but incredibly effective blend.
Brain Pill vs. Neuriva benefits
In case the tens of studies on the ingredients don’t seem motivating enough, Brain Pill has also been subject to a 12-week double blind, placebo controlled clinical trial. As expected, it produced phenomenal results in all subjects aged 18-60. The only reason we didn’t mention that upfront is that it’s too short a time span and too small a subject group to consider it a path breaking study.
Here are some of the benefits that you’ll experience with Brain Pill, based on the ingredient list analysis.
- Reduced stress
- Razor sharp focus
- You’ll be alert all day.
- Improved mental performance. Be it paying attention or active listening, everything goes up a notch.
- Improved cognitive functioning.
- Increased ability to concentrate and learn
- Reduce forgetfulness and increase recall
Brain Pill Customer Reviews
Unlike Neuriva, Brain Pill’s customer reviews are largely positive. There are caregivers who have administered this to seniors with age related cognitive decline. They have mentioned a massive difference in their cognitive abilities.
Ditto with individuals working in high-stress environments who have noticed a sea of differences in their mental performance after using Brain Pill.
Brain Pill is priced at 69.95 for a 1-month bottle. It is highly recommended that you try this for 3-months at least to get the benefits. If you buy for three-months, you can save $46.90.
So, it’s around twenty bucks more than Neuriva. But it’s poles apart in all other aspects.
Brain Pill vs. Neuriva – Final Verdict
Irrespective of whether you are a student or a working guy in a demanding job, Brain Pill is leagues ahead of Neuriva. The best part is that it comes with a 100% Money Back Guarantee. You can try it risk free for 67-days.
#2 – Noo Cube
Despite being a reasonably new entrant into the world of brain health supplements, NooCube has quickly garnered some rave reviews. There are two reasons why we like this supplement over Neuriva.
- It has only 6 ingredients. All of them are backed by multiple clinical trials.
- It’s manufactured by one of the oldest and most reputed supplement brands in the industry, for over a decade.
Noo Cube ticks all the boxes that one looks for while shopping for Nootropic supplements. Moreover, just like Neuriva, it also comes with a 100% money back guarantee. You can try this for 60-days as well and return it if it doesn’t work for you.
Noo Cube vs. Neuriva Ingredients
Noo Cube is manufactured by Wolfson Berg, a supplement company that is known for its clean label products. Even their most popular weight loss supplement that has sold millions of bottles around the world has just three ingredients.
So, the limited ingredient list doesn’t really surprise us. Besides, what matters is the quality over anything else, doesn’t it?
- Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine is clinically proven to increase the levels of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the brain. This generally suffices to produce a significant improvement in cognitive performance. It’s regularly used as an adjuvant in Alzheimer’s treatment.
- Huperzine A – Powerful herbal extract that increases memory and learning. We have already covered it in the earlier review.
- Cat’s Claw – Crammed with antioxidants and has been used for preventing cognitive decline. Most users experience a reduction in brain fog.
- Bacopa – The most powerful herb for brain health. Period.
- Oat Straw – Reduces inflammation and increases blood flow to the brain. You feel awake and alert.
- L-Theanine & L-Tyrosine – Powerful amino acid blend for the brain.
As we mentioned, it’s not fancy. But it’s very effective.
Noo Cube vs. Neuriva Benefits
What are the results that you can expect from Noo Cube?
Given the well-rounded ingredient list, you can expect both, cognitive benefits as well as an increase in focus and attention.
- It will improve your mental resilience. If you feel worn out by the end of the day, Noo Cube will keep you charged for hours.
- It increases concentration. Get the ability to have razor sharp focus.
- You can multitask. Picture attending the digital meeting while also working on a presentation.
- It can improve your communication skills. Writers in particular find that the words come to a lot easier.
- Boosts memory
Noocube Customer Reviews
In just about two years, Noo Cube has garnered tons of positive customer reviews. It has been used by students, executives, businessmen, researchers, scientists, and tons of other people around the world, who want to stay at the top of their mental game.
A lot of the reviews speak about their improvement in concentration levels. It keeps their focus enhanced and allows them to drown out the distractions surrounding them.
At just $39.99 a bottle, Noo Cube is cheaper than Neuriva. To top it off, it comes with a 67-day money back guarantee as well. That’s a no-brainer choice.
Noo Cube Vs. Neuriva– Final Verdict
A better ingredient list, cheaper, strong money back guarantee, and backed by tons of positive customer reviews. If it were us, we’d know the winner straight away.
#3- Mind Lab Pro
The third Nootropic supplement that deserves a mention here is Mind Lab Pro. This is an American-made brain health supplement that clubs some of the best ingredients from both, Noo Cube & Brain Pill. That’s what separates it from Neuriva, which as we discovered has just a couple of basic ingredients.
Mind Lab pro is a very well-rounded supplement for overall brain health. Be it focus, reduced brain fog increased attention, or heightened learning, Mind Lab Pro will get it done for you.
Mind Lab Pro Ingredients vs. Neuriva
One of the reasons why we like Mind Lab Pro is that it’s stimulant free. A lot of these Nootropics are in fact crammed to the brim with caffeine, which expectedly produces a mild buzz. Most first timers mistake this for improved cognitive performance. But Mind Lab Pro has zero caffeine.
- Vitamins & Aminos – Vitamins B6, B9 & B12, N-Acetyl N-Tyrosine, L-Thenaine. We have linked the clinical trials to each one of these ingredients already.
- Herbal Blend – Bacopa, Sharp PS, Rhodiola, Maritime Pine Bark & Lion’s Mane Mushroom.
- Standout Ingredient – Cognizin which is a patented form of citicoline is considered to be a breakthrough in medical research. This extremely powerful ingredient is considered an adjuvant in the treatment of brain injuries, stroke, and aging-related dementia. It boosts all aspects of cognitive performance.
There are 11 ingredients in all in Mind Lab Pro. It’s like a cherry picked list of the most effective ingredients from the previous two supplements that we have listed. Neuriva seems like an overpriced multivitamin in comparison.
Mind Lab Pro vs. Neuriva Benefits
The blend of these 11 ingredients addresses some of the most pressing issues related to brain health. What’s amazing is that these ingredients work in synergy. It’s not a bunch of herbs and vitamins thrown in randomly. It’s a very carefully created blend.
- Memory – From storing memories to instant recalls and test taking, Mind Lab Pro is helpful in all aspects.
- Performance – You will be able to finish your tasks faster. You’ll process information a lot sooner and your attention will be at its peak. Zero distractions.
- Mindset – Zero stress, great mood, and improved creative performance. Can be very useful for people in creative vocations.
- Structural – General anti-aging benefits. Protects the brain against cognitive decline. Speeds up injury repair.
Mind Lab Pro Customer Reviews
Mind Lab Pro is one of the top rated Nootropic supplements in the market currently. More importantly, the reviews have been consistently good for over three years. That’s no mean feat in a fickle industry such as health and fitness.
Most customers who use the supplement run it for months and mention that the difference when they were not using Mind Lab Pro and are using it is night and day. Some university students have mentioned how it helps them tide through some of the toughest exam phases. It’s also praised for its benefits in cognitive performance among seniors.
A one-month supply of Mind Lab Pro is currently priced at $69.00. That’s quite reasonable given the quality of the supplement and the effectiveness of the ingredients in it.
You can get much better prices by opting for two and three month supplies.
Mind Lab Pro vs. Neuriva – Final Verdict
Mind Lab Pro is clearly a better choice than Neuriva. It has some of the best and most effective natural extracts for brain health. At the same time, it does not discount the importance of simple Vitamins and amino acids. No caffeine either!
Do Nootropic supplements really work?
Nootropics is a deeply-researched and constantly evolving field of medical science. By and large, the supplements that are sold in this space are looked down upon by experts in the field. That’s because of gross exaggerations and blatant misrepresentations.
For instance, even supplements such as Neuriva, which contain only a few basic ingredients are hyped to be the #1 supplement and sold at obscene prices. However, it would be unfair to label all supplements as ineffective. There are some very effective herbal extracts as well as vitamins and minerals for brain health.
These are clinically proven to improve the functioning of the brain in different aspects mind you. To answer your question, yes. Nootropic supplements definitely work. But it depends entirely on the supplement you select and how effective the ingredients in it are.
Here are some tips to help you make the right choice.
- Scrutinize that ingredient list – Nootropic ingredients can be divided largely into vitamins, minerals, amino acids & herbs. Fancy or patented ingredients are rarely effective, with some exceptions such as Cognizin. When you analyze any ingredient list, check for B-Vitamins, Herbs such as Bacopa, KSM-66 & Huperzine A, and amino acids such as L-Theanine and Tyrosine. Also, if you wish to go stimulant free, watch out for caffeine ingredients such as coffee beans.
- Guarantee – Most brands refrain from offering guarantees because brain health is such a complex concept. Also, it’s extremely difficult to measure improvements in quantifiable numbers. So, any brand that offers a 60-day money back guarantee is definitely a better option than one that doesn’t.
- Claims – Take a good look at the website and analyze some of the claims made by the brand. Do these claims correlate with the ingredient list? For instance, Bacopa Monineri can speed up the rate at which your brain processes information. It also improves memory. But if a supplement with Bacopa is advertised as a potential treatment for ADHD, then it’s plain hype.
Neuriva Reviews – Conclusion
That’s it, folks. We highly recommend that you check out some of the alternatives to Neuriva that we have listed here. These supplements offer a better bang for your buck and have ingredients that are a lot more effective.